Psalms Coloring Posters
These posters are available as a physical product, a digital product that you print yourself, or both. The printed product is available to US and Canada customers only. Please be sure to make the correct selection when you purchase.Click here to download an informational PDF handout all about our Psalms Coloring Posters.
Our Psalms Coloring Posters include nine unique coloring posters. They are based on the Psalm texts from the Revised Common Lectionary (Year B). Each of the illustrations highlights specific themes and emotions from that Psalm and the texts from the Psalms are also incorporated into the drawing.
Whether you're looking for an intergenerational program, a communal art activity, a program for a retreat, or something different to do for Lent, our Psalms Coloring Posters provide a creative, engaging and participatory way of engaging with faith.
Important Poster Details & Ordering Information
- Physical Posters: These posters are printed on thick, 32-pound paper that works beautifully with many different mediums – from crayons to colored pencils to markers. While getting the digital files and printing them yourself is a great option if you don't live in the US or Canada, the quality will not be the same as that of the posters we ship. Each of the nine posters is 24" x 36". Physical posters are available only to US and Canadian mailing addresses.
- Digital Files: At the time of purchase you will receive a link to download the illustrations in a zip file. Depending on where you live, you may not have the exact size, but you can resize the files as needed. Detailed instructions will come with the download as to how we suggest getting the posters printed. "Engineering prints" instead of "posters" is the most inexpensive option available. You can learn more about engineering prints here. There is also a color digital option available.
Digital Add-on: Save 50% OFF the B&W Digital Files when you add both the Physical Posters AND the B&W Digital Files to your cart and use the discount code PSALMS-BUNDLE at checkout.
If you are curious about how others have used our large format posters and would like to see inspirational photos, check out this helpful blog post.
Purchasing Digital Files:
When you purchase the digital files, you will immediately receive a download link to get your zip file. Detailed instructions will come with the download as to how we suggest getting the posters printed. If you have the files printed somewhere like Staples, we recommend having them printed as engineering prints (and specifically asking for "engineering prints" and not "posters"), as that is the most inexpensive option available. You can learn more about engineering prints here.
Why Focus on the Psalms?
A note from founder and illustrator Adam Walker Cleaveland:
The Psalms are a great source of theological creativity, depth, and wonder. When I was a kid, whenever I'd ask someone where in the Bible I should start reading, inevitably someone would say, "Alright. Close your Bible. Now open it up to about the halfway point. Start reading."
If you do that, you'll almost always end up in the Psalms.
Reading the Psalms as a kid was a way into scripture that allowed me to figure out that emotions were a good thing, and that we shouldn't try to hide them from God. Reading the Psalms as a kid gave me words to express the feelings I had, and helped me to see that the authors of the Psalms struggled with many of the same things I struggled with.
Another great thing about our Psalms Coloring Posters is that they can be used anytime you wish, and are not uniquely tied to Lent. While the Psalms come from the RCL texts for Lent (Year B), these are also Psalms that can (and should!) be studied throughout the year so it isn't a problem if you don't finish all the posters.
Psalms Used for our Psalms Coloring Posters:
- Poster 1: Psalm 25:1-10
- Poster 2: Psalm 22:23-31
- Poster 3: Psalm 19
- Poster 4: Psalm 107:1-3, 17-22
- Poster 5: Psalm 51:1-12
- Poster 6: Psalm 31:9-16
- Poster 7: Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19
- Poster 8: Psalm 22:1-22
- Poster 9: Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24
Shipping & Handling Costs
- S&H for 48 Contiguous states: $12 (for one set), $18 (for 2-3 sets) and $24 (for 4+ sets)
- S&H for Alaska/Hawaii: $20 (for one set), $26 (for 2-3 sets) and $32 (for 4+ sets)
- S&H for Canada: $25 (for one set), and $35 (for multiple sets)
We ship ALL of our posters via UPS and we prefer to ship to your church/business address. If we will be shipping to a church/business address, please list the church/business name in the second line of your shipping address where it says "Church/Company." This enables us to have the best information to send to UPS.
If UPS doesn't deliver to your church, or you'd prefer your home address used, leave the Church/Company text field blank. Please note: UPS cannot ship to PO Boxes. Listing a PO Box as your shipping address will cause delays to your delivery because we will have to contact you to determine a different shipping address. If you're ordering from Canada, you must provide a phone number.
Why pay the extra for the physical posters?
Part of the reason our posters are loved by so many is the quality of the posters themselves. We’ve gone through a few different types of paper with our coloring posters, and we are thrilled with the paper we’re currently using. The 32-pound paper we currently use works great with colored pencils, crayons, and markers.
When you buy the physical posters from us, you will receive the illustrations on an amazingly high-quality paper.
We currently only ship to the United States and Canada. Since we have a large community of international customers, we also provide our poster illustrations as downloadable digital files. We know that for some folks, getting the digital files can be more convenient (and for some, it’s the only option). We are happy to provide that resource.
However, the quality of paper you will get at other print shops (or stores like Staples/FedEx) is not nearly as nice as the quality that we provide when we ship the posters to you.
Don’t get us wrong – it’s certainly not bad (we shipped our very first two sets of coloring posters after having them printed at Staples). But the high-quality paper is stronger and provides better color quality.
You may also be interested in:
- Psalms Coloring Pages: Our 8.5×11 coloring pages include both the poster illustrations, as well as a simplified design for our youngest coloring friends.
- Psalms Devotional Guide: While you could go through this devotional guide without purchasing the coloring posters or pages, this guide is meant to accompany the coloring posters and coloring pages.