Psalms Devotional Guide
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
Would you like to check out a sample and see the entire first devotional? Click here to download your sample now.
Our Psalms Devotional Guide can be used independently, but it is meant to accompany our Psalms Coloring Posters or Psalms Coloring Pages. The devotional guide includes nine meaningful devotions with reflections and questions for children and adults.
The short reflections and questions will guide you through some familiar and some more unfamiliar Psalms. Drawing from the Psalms found in the Revised Common Lectionary (Year B) readings for Lent, these illustrations and this devotional guide can be used during Lent or anytime during the year when you want to dive into the Psalms.
The Psalms are a great source of theological creativity, depth, and wonder, and we’re excited to offer children and people of all ages a way into the Psalms.
Each of the devotions includes the following:
- Suggested Psalm to read
- A suggested musical interpretation of the Psalm
- A reflection that is geared toward youth and adults
- A shorter reflection on the scripture for children
- Questions for children
- A "Going Deeper" section with questions for all ages
The Psalms used in the devotional guide are listed below:
- Psalm 25:1–10
- Psalm 22:23-31
- Psalm 19
- Psalm 107:1-3, 17-22
- Psalm 51:1-12
- Psalm 31:9-16
- Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19
- Psalm 22:1-22
- Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24
Note: The illustrations in the Psalms Devotional Guide are just meant as a reference to what illustration the devotion goes with. They are not meant to be large enough to color. We encourage you to purchase our Psalms Coloring Posters or the Psalms Coloring Pages.
Ways to Use Our Devotional Guide
There are many ways to use this devotional guide, and here are a few to get your creative juices flowing.
- Purchase it for yourself or your family, and spend time going through the devotions on the Psalms.
- Put together an intergenerational Sunday School class during Lent and bring people together for coloring and conversation (using the reflections and prompts in the devotional guide).
- Download it and print it off for those in your congregations who can't make it to weekly worship to connect them with what your church is doing during the year.
What You'll Receive
Upon your purchase, you will receive a downloadable PDF of the Psalms Devotional Guide that you can print out.
You may also be interested in the following: