The Lord's Prayer: An Illustrated Curriculum
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
For detailed information about the curriculum (and other Lord's Prayer products) AND to get a free infoguide and sample lesson from the curriculum, click here.
The Lord's Prayer: An Illustrated Curriculum is a flexible six-session, no-prep curriculum on the Lord’s Prayer from Matthew 6:9b-13. This verse by verse study written for children, K to grade 5, is also suitable for mixed-age groups and intergenerational settings. Each component is an invitation to experience this popular prayer through art, reflection, and discussion.
The study of the Lord's Prayer will help participants understand the meaning of the prayer they repeat in church. Through the use of inclusive language and meaningful theology, children have opportunities to explore our belongingness and connectedness with each other, the world, and God that is stated throughout the Lord's Prayer. Not only that but how that belongingness and connectedness means we must also collaborate with God to bring God's kingdom into the world.
What is included in this curriculum?
Six Session Guides: These guides will provide you with the following components to have a successful session:
- Gathering: an introductory activity that involves movement with options for both younger and older children.
- Scripture Reflection: a reading and reflection that helps children become more familiar with the Lord's Prayer. They will learn about it in its context, learn what it means for us today, and increase their biblical literacy.
- Activity: a creative project to inspire a deeper understanding of the Lord's Prayer.
- Imagining and Coloring Together: a time to imagine and color together on The Lord's Prayer Curriculum Posters (sold separately) or the Coloring Pages (included) as they discuss what they've learned.
- Closing Prayer: a short ritual that wraps up your time together.
- Take-Home Page: To help encourage further discussion and engagement at home, it can be printed and physically sent home or can be emailed home.
Coloring Pages: These interactive 8.5"x11" coloring pages are modified versions of the hand-lettered Lord's Prayer and interactive coloring posters. They are designed to connect with the curriculum. Children will have a similar, but more individualized experience with these coloring pages. To get the most out of this curriculum, we highly recommend purchasing The Lord's Prayer Curriculum Coloring Posters.
Appendix: Designed to help you expand your experience of The Lord's Prayer: An Illustrated Curriculum, it contains children's book recommendations that complement what each session covers as well as modern-day stories and resources that help us learn about justice today.
Glossary: A resource to cover any words used in the curriculum that may need further definition and context.
Delivery of Files
When you make your purchase, you will be taken to a page to download your product, and you'll also receive an email with a link to download The Lord's Prayer: An Illustrated Curriculum. You will download a ZIP file where you can access all of the curriculum files. If you aren't familiar with ZIP files, a quick YouTube/Google search will help.
You may also be interested in the following products:
- The Lord's Prayer: An Illustrated Curriculum: This six-session no-prep curriculum encourages churches to experience the Lord's Prayer through art, reflection, and discussion. Together with the curriculum posters, this curriculum can be used in a variety of different settings.
- The Lord’s Prayer Curriculum Coloring Posters: This is our main poster set to go along with the curriculum. It includes three posters with the Lord's Prayer beautifully-illustrated, as well as the three interactive posters to be used with The Lord's Prayer: An Illustrated Curriculum. Posters are available as physical posters or digital files.
- Hand-Lettered Lord’s Prayer Coloring Posters: If you would just like the digital files for the Lord's Prayer, including different versions for churches that use sins, debts, and trespasses, and for churches that prefer "Our Father" instead of "Our Loving God", purchase these digital files. These posters only include the Lord's Prayer posters, and do NOT include posters needed for The Lord's Prayer: An Illustrated Curriculum.
- Hand-Lettered Lord's Prayer Coloring Pages: If you would like our Lord's Prayer coloring pages formatted for 8.5x11 paper, you can purchase these. Like our Hand-Lettered Lord's Prayer Coloring Posters, these also come with the different wording variations.
- The Lord's Prayer: An Illustrated Prayer Booklet: This digital download is a perfect guide to help children learn, and reflect on, the Lord's Prayer. While it can be used on its own, it is meant to accompany your purchase of our Lord's Prayer Sticker Sheets.
- Lord’s Prayer Sticker Sheets: These brightly-colored stickers cover the Lord's Prayer verse-by-verse. Grab a set to use with The Lord's Prayer: An Illustrated Curriculum, or to use with The Lord's Prayer: An Illustrated Prayer Booklet. These high-quality stickers come in sets of 25 sticker sheets.