This is a digital product. After you complete your purchase, the digital files will be available for you to print out yourself. No products will be shipped to you.
Would you like to check out a sample and see the entire first devotional?
Click here to download your sample now.
Our Seven Last Words Devotional Guide can be used on its own, but it is meant to accompany our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters and/or Seven Last Words Coloring Pages. The devotional guide includes eight meaningful devotions and is meant to be used intergenerationally.
The devotional guide focuses on the key word we chose from each of the sayings of the seven last words of Jesus, as illustrated in the coloring posters. The devotions focus on connecting the chosen word and Jesus’ life-giving words from the cross, to our daily lives today.
The reflections and questions are designed for all ages to go through together but can be easily adapted for any mix of ages. This is different from in past years when we had adult and children versions separate. We wanted to create a truly intergenerational experience by providing reflections and questions suitable for all ages to reflect on together.
These are the words and passages discussed:
- Poster One: KNOW – God, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing. (Luke 23:34)
- Poster Two: TRUTH – Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise. (Luke 23:43)
- Poster Three: HERE – Here is your son. Here is your mother. (John 19:26–27)
- Poster Four: FORSAKEN – My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46)
- Poster Five: THIRSTY – I am thirsty. (John 19:28)
- Poster Six: FINISHED – It is finished. (John 19:30)
- Poster Seven: COMMEND – God, into your hands I commend my spirit. (Luke 23:46)
- Poster Eight: BELIEVE – Luke 24:10-11.
Note: The illustrations in the Devotional Guide are meant as a reference to what illustration the devotion goes with. They are not meant to be large enough to color. We encourage you to purchase our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters or the Seven Last Words Coloring Pages for that purpose.
Ways to Use Our Devotional Guide
Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Purchase it for yourself or your family, and spend time going through the Seven Last Words of Jesus during Lent.
- Put together an intergenerational Sunday School class during Lent and bring people together for coloring and conversation (using the reflection and questions in the devotional guide).
- Download it and print it off to take to those in your congregation who can't make it to weekly worship as a way to connect them with what your church is doing during Lent.
What You'll Receive
Upon your purchase, you will receive a downloadable PDF of the Seven Last Words Devotional Guide that you can print out.