Seven Last Words Coloring Posters
These posters are available as a physical product, a digital product that you print yourself, or both. Please be sure to make the correct selection when you purchase.
We illustrated the seven last words of Jesus (also known as the sayings of Jesus on the cross) in a way that is meaningful for all ages and visually-appropriate for even very young children to reflect on the last moments of Jesus’ life. Participants will encounter how the themes that come from the cross can profoundly impact their daily lives in EIGHT hand-drawn illustrations (seven posters featuring the Seven Last Words plus a "Christ is Risen" poster for Resurrection Sunday).
Whether you're looking for an intergenerational program, a communal art activity or something different to do for Lent, our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters provide a creative, engaging, and participatory way of engaging with faith.
Poster Details & Ordering Information
You have a few options when ordering your coloring posters:
- Physical Posters: These posters are printed on thick, 32-pound paper that works beautifully with many different mediums – from crayons to colored pencils to markers. The seven 24" x 36" posters include an illustration with the seven last words in a black frame around the poster (see sample images). The 72" x 24" poster focuses on Easter and the resurrection. Physical poster sets ship to the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Digital Files: We have both B&W and color digital files available for purchase. Upon completion of your purchase, you will receive a link to download the illustrations in a zip file. International paper sizes can differ, but you can easily resize the files as needed. Detailed instructions for getting the posters printed are included with the download. Many print and copy centers can print "engineering" prints, or blueprints - this is the least expensive option generally available.
If you are curious about how others have used our large format posters and would like to see inspirational photos, check out this helpful blog post.
What themes are represented in the posters?
We focused on one specific word from each of the seven sayings. That word then informed our illustrations and the content for the devotional guide.
- Poster One: KNOW – God, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing. (Luke 23:34)
- Poster Two: TRUTH – Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise. (Luke 23:43)
- Poster Three: HERE – Here is your son. Here is your mother. (John 19:26–27)
- Poster Four: FORSAKEN – My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46)
- Poster Five: THIRSTY – I am thirsty. (John 19:28)
- Poster Six: FINISHED – It is finished. (John 19:30)
- Poster Seven: COMMEND – God, into your hands I commend my spirit. (Luke 23:46)
- Poster Eight: BELIEVE – Luke 24:10-11; just a note - on photos for this poster, you may see that it says, "Christ is Risen, Christ HAS risen indeed." That was an error on our part. The posters will have "Christ is Risen, Christ IS risen indeed" when you purchase them.
Shipping & Handling Costs
- Upon receiving your order, we will begin processing your order and your posters should ship within 3-4 days. Please note: UPS can't ship to PO Boxes. Please make sure your shipping address is a physical address for UPS. Using a PO Box address will cause a delay in your shipment.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping rates are calculated for your order based on live rates provided by UPS and USPS. You can select your preferred shipping service during the checkout process.
You may also be interested in:
- Seven Last Words Coloring Pages: Our 8.5×11 coloring pages include both the poster illustrations, as well as a simplified design for those who prefer less detail.
- Seven Last Words Devotional Guide: While you could go through this devotional guide without purchasing the coloring posters or pages, this guide is meant to accompany the coloring posters and coloring pages.
- Christ is Risen Coloring Page & Poster: Our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters include seven posters from the seven last words, as well as an eighth poster that focuses on the resurrection and can be used for Easter. You can purchase a digital version of this poster individually.