Do Not Be Afraid Advent Devotional
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
Our Do Not Be Afraid Advent Devotional is a weekly Advent devotional inspired by the angels’ message in the first two chapters of the Gospel of Luke: “Do not be afraid!” This phrase is an instruction God gave to God’s people throughout their history, and it’s a message God continues to give to us today. This Advent, we invite you to explore what it looks like to hold hope when life feels really uncertain, to bring peace in the face of fear, to practice joy when everything seems burdensome, and to choose love, when sometimes, it’s just really hard. You’ll be invited to wonder more deeply about this classic story, to imagine some of the details that aren’t filled in for us, and to make connections to your context this season.
This devotional is available in two editions: an Illustrated Edition and a Text-only Edition. After selecting your purchase type, select which edition you want (or save 25% and purchase both editions).
- The Illustrated Edition is a hybrid devotional/coloring book. Each of the five weekly devotions includes beautifully-written content, accompanied by illustrations that are meant to be engaged with, doodled and colored on, and discussion questions to go deeper with others.
- What will I get? When you purchase the Illustrated Edition, you will receive a PDF file of the illustrated devotional.
- Who is it for? We’ve found that children, youth, and college students have really enjoyed our illustrated devotionals. They are also great for intergenerational gatherings because there are questions in the material geared to all ages.
- The Text-only Edition includes the same wonderful written content, however, it is included in a primarily text-only format. The design is classic and clean, and this is a great option for those who aren’t interested in coloring. Each week includes spaces for writing/doodling and questions to discuss with others.
- What will I get? When you purchase the Text-only Edition, you will receive a ZIP file that includes two PDFs: 1) one PDF formatted to print out as a double-sided booklet on 8.5x11 paper, and 2) one PDF formatted as a digital copy.
- Who is it for? The Text-only Edition is great for those who may be less interested in coloring and are just looking for a small, booklet-sized devotional to go through during Advent. These would be great for adult Bible studies or to make available generally to your congregation.
Interested in both? Select the Both Editions option and save 25%.
- What will I get? When you purchase both editions, you will receive a ZIP file that includes three PDFs: 1) both PDFs included in the Text-only Edition, and 2) the PDF of the Illustrated Edition.
Our Illustrated Advent for Families: Do Not Be Afraid is geared specifically for families and would be worth considering if you are looking to use “Do Not Be Afraid” as a church-wide Advent theme. You can learn more here.
Weekly Scripture for Do Not Be Afraid Advent Devotional
Below is a list of the scripture used for each of the five weekly devotionals:
- Week One: Luke 1:26–45
- Week Two: Luke 1:46–55
- Week Three: Luke 2:1–14
- Week Four: Luke 2:15–20
- Week Five: Luke 2:20
Additional Do Not Be Afraid resources:
Below are additional products that connect with our Do Not Be Afraid theme.