This is My Body Lenten Devotional
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
When you place your pre-order, you'll receive a non-watermarked version of Week One's material to help get you started with your planning.
As soon as the complete product is available, you'll receive an email alerting you that you can download the full product.
Lent materials will be released by February 7.
Our This is My Body Lenten Devotional explores how Jesus lived in his body on earth and invites us to take care of and embrace the goodness of our own bodies. Each week highlights a different story from Jesus’ life and connects it to shared human experiences—like growing up, taking naps, or drinking water. By engaging with these stories through a broad lens of embodiment, This is My Body seeks to inspire curiosity, wonder, and awe in all ages.
We hope our Lenten devotional will help you share in conversation about how God came to be human and live among us.
This devotional is available in two editions: an Illustrated Edition and a Text-only Edition. After selecting your purchase type, select which edition you want (or save 25% and purchase both editions).
- The Illustrated Edition is a hybrid devotional/coloring book. Each of the weekly devotions includes beautifully-written content, accompanied by illustrations meant to be engaged with, doodled and colored on, and discussion questions to go deeper with others.
- What will I get? When you purchase the Illustrated Edition, you will receive a PDF file of the illustrated devotional.
- Who is it for? We’ve found that children, youth, and college students have enjoyed our illustrated devotionals. They are also great for intergenerational gatherings because there are questions in the material geared to all ages.
- The Text-only Edition includes the same wonderful written content, however, it is included in a primarily text-only format. The design is classic and clean, and for those who aren’t interested in coloring, this is a great option. Each week includes spaces for writing/doodling and questions to discuss with others.
- What will I get? When you purchase the Text-only Edition, you will receive a ZIP file that includes two PDFs: 1) one PDF formatted to print out as a double-sided booklet on 8.5x11 paper and 2) one PDF formatted as a digital copy.
- Who is it for? The Text-only Edition is great for those who may be less interested in coloring and are just looking for a small, booklet-sized devotional to go through during Lent. These would be great for adult Bible studies or to make available generally to your congregation.
Interested in both? Select the Both Editions option and save 25%.
- What will I get? When you purchase both editions, you will receive a ZIP file that includes three PDFs: 1) both PDFs included in the Text-only Edition, and 2) the PDF of the Illustrated Edition.
Another of our products—An Illustrated Lent for Families: This is My Body—is geared specifically for families and would be worth considering if you are looking to use This is My Body as a church-wide Lenten theme. You can learn more here.
Weekly Scripture for This is My Body Lenten Devotional:
Below is a list of the scripture used for each of the seven weekly devotionals:
- Week 1: Luke 2:41–52
- Week 2: Luke 8:22–25
- Week 3: John 4:1–29
- Week 4: Luke 5:12–16 and Luke 8:42b–50
- Week 5: Matthew 21:18–22
- Week 6: Mark 14:12–42
- Week 7: John 21:1–14
Additional This is My Body resources:
Below are additional products that connect with our This is My Body theme.