Stations of the Cross Coloring Pages
Our Stations of the Cross Coloring Pages accompany our popular Stations of the Cross Coloring Posters, which were illustrated by artist and pastor Adam Walker Cleaveland. The eight coloring pages will take you on a journey following the footsteps of Christ, and will immerse your community in the biblical account of the last hours of Jesus' life.
Included in this downloadable PDF is a set of eight coloring pages that have the same detailed illustrations that can be found on our coloring posters and are to be printed out on 8.5x11 paper. Additionally, you will receive eight coloring pages that have a more simplified design - which are great for your youngest colorers.
If you are interested in a devotional guide for both children and adults, you can learn more and purchase it here.
If you would like to learn more about the coloring pages and our decision to use the scriptural Stations of the Cross, continue reading below.
The Scriptural Form of the Stations of the Cross
Given that the Illustrated Ministry community comes from over 25 different denominations, some of whom may not be familiar with the Stations of the Cross, we decided to go with the scriptural form of the Stations of the Cross, which Pope John Paul II introduced on Good Friday 1991. The stations are listed below, along with their accompanying scriptural reference. You'll notice that we are also including a 15th Station which celebrates the resurrection of Jesus.
- Station 1: Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane (Matthew 26:36-41)
- Station 2: Jesus, Betrayed by Judas, is Arrested (Mark 14:43-46)
- Station 3: Jesus is Condemned by the Sanhedrin (Luke 22:66-71)
- Station 4: Jesus is Denied by Peter (Matthew 26:69-75)
- Station 5: Jesus is Judged by Pilate (Mark 15:1-5, 15)
- Station 6: Jesus is Scourged and Crowned with Thorns (John 19:1-3)
- Station 7: Jesus Bears the Cross (John 19:6, 15-17)
- Station 8: Jesus is Helped by Simon the Cyrenian to Carry the Cross (Mark 15:21)
- Station 9: Jesus Meets the Women of Jerusalem (Luke 23:27-31)
- Station 10: Jesus is Crucified (Luke 23:33-34)
- Station 11: Jesus Promises His Kingdom to the Good Thief (Luke 23:39-43)
- Station 12: Jesus Speaks to His Mother and the Disciples (John 19:25-27)
- Station 13: Jesus Dies on the Cross (Luke 23:44-46)
- Station 14: Jesus is Placed in the Tomb (Matthew 27:57-60)
- Station 15: The Resurrection of Jesus (Mark 16:1-6)
About the Artwork
If you do a google search for "Stations of the Cross Coloring Pages" - we think you'll see why we felt there was a need for a re-envisioning of the stations in a way that could be accessible to children (and "children at heart"). Each coloring page takes an aspect from the accompanying scripture and focuses on that specific piece of the narrative. So whether it's a tear from Jesus' eye (Station 1), a close-up of Judas giving Jesus a kiss (Station 2) or Peter's arms crossed as he denies knowing Jesus (Station 4), the illustrations will draw you into the story in a way that some of the kitschy cartoons of the past aren't able to.
What You'll Receive
Upon your purchase, you will receive a downloadable PDF of the Stations of the Cross Coloring Pages that you can print out.