Compassion Camp: Be Loved. Be Kind. Be You.
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
Single-Entity License: This purchase can be used with one church/camp/school/organization. If you plan to use this curriculum with multiple churches/groups, you'll need to purchase a Multi-Entity License. You can get more information here.
Compassion Camp: Be Kind. Be Loved. Be You. is an At-Home/Virtual VBS curriculum where kids and their families will explore what it means to have compassion for others, ourselves, and the world. It is geared toward preschool-age children and K-5th graders, and it is incredibly flexible, adaptable, and fun for the entire family, older siblings included.
Compassion Camp is designed for you to have the freedom to use in whatever way you see fit! You can run this as a traditional five-day VBS program, spread it out over a few weeks for a more extended program, or send it home with families in your church to enjoy on their schedule – endless options for whatever your needs are. Whether you prefer less screen time or enjoy connecting online, whether you live in an apartment in the city or have a backyard, we've created Compassion Camp to meet a variety of contexts and needs.
If you aren't connected to a church and are just interested in using Compassion Camp for personal use with your family, you can check out Compassion Camp: Family Edition.
Compassion Camp Themes:
- At the Table: Luke 15:11-35
- To the Neighbor: Mark 2:1-12
- For Myself: Mark 12:28-31 and Deuteronomy 6
- Along the Way: Ruth 1:1-22
- With the World: Leviticus 25
What comes with Compassion Camp?
Five sessions that include the following:
- Gathering & Music: Introduces the theme and is an ideal time to lead everyone in the original music written for each theme.
- Bible Story: A child-friendly paraphrase of the Bible story, accessible for all ages with imagining and wondering questions to connect more deeply with the story, a coloring page, and a Compassion Camp Poster (using our Mosaic Poster Tiles) that can be made into fun decor).
- Create & Play: A fun mix of crafts and games throughout all five sessions to practice our compassion skills and have fun together.
- Movement: Physical engagement to connect our minds, bodies, & spirits with God. We will focus on our breathing alongside some basic yoga poses connecting the main themes of Compassion Camp with our lives.
- Compassion in Action: Activities that help participants think creatively about sharing compassion and love. These simple, small, tangible acts help us express God's deep compassion for each other, ourselves, and the world.
- Sending & Music: Wraps up the theme and is another excellent spot to lead everyone in the original music written for each theme.
- Illustrated Prayer Coloring Page and Daily Examen Card: Use these to reflect on the prayers and talk about the day's experiences and lessons to help deepen our compassion.
Original Music: We have created five original songs for Compassion Camp. The songs are short, simple, very singable, and QUITE catchy! You can listen to the music here. You can also watch our sing-along videos here. You will receive basic chord sheets, sheet music, and audio files.
Compassion Camp Mosaic Poster Tiles: Create beautiful art while apart! Make it an intergenerational project for the whole church! Use our Mosaic Poster Tiles to create a giant mural at your church. We provide the Mosaic Poster Tiles formatted for both US Letter and A4 paper, and the final mural will be about 5' x 6' and will be a beautiful display for your community. Learn more about our Mosaic Poster Tiles here.
Family Pack: We created a Compassion Camp Family Pack that is a tailored version of your Director's Guide for easy family use. It works well if you're leading portions of Compassion Camp online (via live or pre-recorded video), but it also allows families to do Compassion Camp at home on their own, without needing the church to lead it.
Appendix: Designed to help you further your journey and exploration of compassion, we included a list of additional books, resources, and links we found while creating Compassion Camp.
Media Kit: Our Media Kit includes illustrations from each week's themes, our logo in a variety of formats, as well as promotional images that you can use in newsletters, social media, and your website.
What You'll Receive
When you make your purchase, you will be taken to a page to download your product, and you'll also receive an email with a link to download Compassion Camp. You will download a ZIP file where you can access all of the curriculum files. If you aren't familiar with ZIP files, a quick YouTube/Google search will help.
If you accidentally ordered more items than you intended or ordered the wrong item, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be in touch with you to discuss available options.
If we decide a refund makes the most sense, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days (which depends on your banking institution).
Otherwise, since our products are digital and are automatically delivered to you upon the completion of your checkout process, we do not offer refunds on digital products licensed/purchased from Illustrated Ministry, LLC.