Where Your Heart Is Lenten Devotional
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
Where Your Heart Is Lenten Devotional's inspiration comes from Jesus’ teaching about storing treasures in his Sermon on the Mount. This Lent, we invite you to explore the many treasures you have in your life. Some are physical treasures we can touch, hold, store, and give. Some treasures are invisible, yet still greatly matter and guide our lives. By exploring Gospel passages about treasures and matters of the heart, we invite you to wonder more deeply about what kinds of treasure matter, why we store treasures, and the power these treasures have in our lives.
This devotional is available in two editions: an Illustrated Edition and a Text-only Edition. After selecting your purchase type, select which edition you want (or save 25% and purchase both editions).
- The Illustrated Edition is a hybrid devotional/coloring book. Each of the weekly devotions includes beautifully-written content, accompanied by illustrations meant to be engaged with, doodled and colored on, and discussion questions to go deeper with others.
- What will I get? When you purchase the Illustrated Edition, you will receive a PDF file of the illustrated devotional.
- Who is it for? We’ve found that children, youth, and college students have enjoyed our illustrated devotionals. They are also great for intergenerational gatherings because there are questions in the material geared to all ages.
- The Text-only Edition includes the same wonderful written content, however, it is included in a primarily text-only format. The design is classic and clean, and for those who aren’t interested in coloring, this is a great option. Each week includes spaces for writing/doodling and questions to discuss with others.
- What will I get? When you purchase the Text-only Edition, you will receive a ZIP file that includes two PDFs: 1) one PDF formatted to print out as a double-sided booklet on 8.5x11 paper and 2) one PDF formatted as a digital copy.
- Who is it for? The Text-only Edition is great for those who may be less interested in coloring and are just looking for a small, booklet-sized devotional to go through during Lent. These would be great for adult Bible studies or to make available generally to your congregation.
Interested in both? Select the option for Both Editions and save 25%.
- What will I get? When you purchase both editions, you will receive three PDFs: 1) both PDFs included in the Text-only Edition, and 2) the PDF of the Illustrated Edition.
Another of our products—An Illustrated Lent for Families: Reflections on the Heart—is geared specifically for families and would be worth considering if you are looking to use Where Your Heart Is as a church-wide Lenten theme. You can learn more here.
Below is a list of the scripture used for each of the seven weekly devotionals:
Week 1: Storing Up Treasures
Scripture: Matthew 6:19–21
Week 2: Sharing Our Hearts
Scripture: Luke 2:41–52
Week 3: Knowing the Good
Scripture: Matthew 19:16–26
Week 4: Consider the Lilies
Scripture: Luke 12:13–34
Week 5: Becoming Someone New
Scripture: Matthew 13:45–46
Week 6: Shifting Our Gaze
Scripture: Mark 9:30–37
Week 7: Sharing Our Treasures
Scripture: Matthew 27:62–28:10