Generous Giving Lenten Devotional
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
Centered on the spiritual discipline of giving, our Generous Giving Lenten Devotional can be used to intentionally focus on the different ways we give of ourselves and how those gifts impact the world around us. Using Jesus’ teachings, this devotional provides opportunities for conversation and reflection around why we give, how we give, and all the ways we give.
This devotional is available in two editions: an Illustrated Edition and a Text-only Edition. After selecting your purchase type, select which edition you want (or save 25% and purchase both editions).
- The Illustrated Edition is a hybrid devotional/coloring book. Each of the weekly devotions includes beautifully-written content, accompanied by illustrations meant to be engaged with, doodled and colored on, and discussion questions to go deeper with others.
- What will I get? When you purchase the Illustrated Edition, you will receive a PDF file of the illustrated devotional.
- Who is it for? We’ve found that children, youth, and college students have enjoyed our illustrated devotionals. They are also great for intergenerational gatherings because there are questions in the material geared to all ages.
- The Text-only Edition includes the same wonderful written content. However, it is included in a primarily text-only format. The design is classic and clean, and for those who aren’t interested in coloring, this is a great option. Each week includes spaces for writing/doodling and questions to discuss with others.
- What will I get? When you purchase the Text-only Edition, you will receive a ZIP file that includes two PDFs: 1) one PDF formatted to print out as a double-sided booklet on 8.5x11 paper and 2) one PDF formatted as a digital copy.
- Who is it for? The Text-only Edition is great for those who may be less interested in coloring and are just looking for a small, booklet-sized devotional to go through during Lent. These would be great for adult Bible studies or to make available generally to your congregation.
Interested in both? Select the option for Both Editions and save 25%.
- What will I get? When you purchase both editions, you will receive a ZIP file with three PDFs: 1) both PDFs included in the Text-only Edition, and 2) the PDF of the Illustrated Edition.
Another of our products—An Illustrated Lent for Families: Reflections on Giving—is geared specifically for families and would be worth considering if you are looking to use Generous Giving as a church-wide Lenten theme. You can learn more here.
Weekly Scripture for Generous Giving Lenten Devotional:
Below is a list of the scripture used for each of the seven weekly devotionals:
- Week One Reflection: Matthew 25:34–36
- Week Two Reflection: Mark 12:41–44
- Week Three Reflection: Matthew 22:15–22
- Week Four Reflection: Luke 8:1–3
- Week Five Reflection: Mark 10:13–16
- Week Six Reflection: John 12:1–8
- Week Seven Reflection: John 21:1–14