Compassion Camp: Changing the World with Lovingkindness
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
Single-Entity License: This purchase can be used with one church, camp, school, or organization. If you plan to use this curriculum with multiple churches/groups, you'll need to purchase a Multi-Entity License. You can get more information here.
Compassion Camp: Changing the World with Lovingkindness is a VBS curriculum that can be used in-person, with a hybrid model, or virtually. Compassion Camp’s goal is to cultivate compassion for each other, ourselves, and the world. While developed for preschool-aged children and K–5th graders, Compassion Camp is highly flexible, adaptable, and fun for the entire family—older siblings included.
We designed Compassion Camp so that you might have the freedom to use it in whatever way you see fit! You can run this as a traditional 5-day VBS program or spread it out over a few weeks for a more extended program.
If you plan to run Compassion Camp with one church or group, then you need a Single-Entity license and you can purchase Compassion Camp here.
If you plan to join multiple churches or groups for your Compassion Camp experience, you'll need a Multi-Entity license. Please fill out the request form here.
Compassion Camp Themes:
- All Around Me: Exodus 2:1–10
- For Myself: 1 Kings 19:4–8
- To the Neighbor: Luke 10:25–37
- With the World: Acts 2:1–13, 42–47
- Along the Way: Romans 16:1–16
What comes with Compassion Camp?
Five sessions that include the following:
- Gathering & Music: Introduces the session’s theme and is written as a guide so you can have the flexibility to fit your context. The Gathering is also an ideal time to lead everyone in the original music written for each session.
- Bible Story: A child-friendly paraphrase of the Bible Story accessible for all ages with imagining and wondering questions to connect more deeply with the story. We also include a coloring page that ties closely with each Bible story and a Bible story booklet for preschoolers.
- Bible Story Script: A 5–7 minute skit that can be performed live or recorded. The script shares the Bible story and elements of compassion through a group of endearing characters.
- Create & Play: A fun mix of crafts and activities throughout all five sessions to practice our compassion skills and have fun together.
- Movement: Physical engagement to connect our minds, bodies, & spirits with God. We will focus on breathing alongside some basic yoga poses, connecting Compassion Camp’s main themes with our lives.
- Lovingkindness Practice: This practice will help participants develop the skills and mindset necessary to practice compassion. You can use this in conjunction with the Movement component or by itself.
- Recreation: Cooperative games that get participants’ bodies and minds moving and reinforce Compassion Camp’s themes and takeaways.
- Compassion in Action: These activities help participants think creatively about sharing their compassion and love. These small, simple, tangible acts help us express God’s deep compassion for each other, ourselves, and the world.
- Sending & Music: Similar to the Gathering, the Sending wraps up the session’s theme and is also written as a guide, so you have the flexibility to fit your context. This is another excellent spot to lead everyone in the original music written for each session.
- Illustrated Prayer Coloring Page and Lovingkindness Practice Card: Use these to reflect on the prayers and talk about the day's experiences and lessons to help deepen our compassion.
Original Music: We have created six original songs for Compassion Camp. The songs are short, simple, very singable, and QUITE catchy! You will receive basic chord sheets, sheet music, and audio files. You can watch our sing-along videos here and check out the songs on Soundcloud here.
Individual Leader Guides: These individual leader guides make it easy for you to provide volunteers with all the information they need for the component they are leading. We offer leader guides for the following components: Gathering/Sending/Music, Bible Story, Bible Story Scripts, Create & Play, Movement, Recreation, and Compassion in Action.
Family Pack: Giving this pack, or parts of it, to your families makes it possible for them to bring Compassion Camp to life without hassle on their end and yours. It is tailored for easy family use with short reflections and simple activities using basic materials found at home. Kick it up a notch if creativity strikes by adding in additional crafts or materials.
Appendix: Designed to help you further your journey and exploration of compassion, we included a list of additional books, resources, and links we found while creating Compassion Camp.
Media Kit: The media kit includes illustrations from each week’s themes, our logo in a variety of formats, as well as promotional images that you can use in newsletters, social media, and your website.
What You'll Receive
When you make your purchase, you will be taken to a page to download your product, and you'll also receive an email with a link to download Compassion Camp. You will download a ZIP file where you can access all of the curriculum files. If you aren't familiar with ZIP files, a quick YouTube/Google search will help.
If you accidentally ordered more items than you intended or ordered the wrong item, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be in touch with you to discuss available options.
If we decide a refund makes the most sense, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days (which depends on your banking institution).
Otherwise, since our products are digital and are automatically delivered to you upon the completion of your checkout process, we do not offer refunds on digital products licensed/purchased from Illustrated Ministry, LLC.