An Illustrated Advent for Families: God With Us
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
Our Illustrated Advent for Families is an opportunity for families to take time each week during the Advent season to be intentional and focus on their faith. You'll receive five weekly family devotions, coloring & activity pages, and an Advent calendar.
Who is it for?
Most churches will purchase this and give it to families in their community. It's also great for individual families to purchase to use on their own. We've also had churches with intergenerational Advent programming use it for multi-age gatherings.
An Illustrated Advent for Families: God With Us is an opportunity for families to take time each week during the Advent season to be intentional and focus on their faith. The stories of Advent are stories for hard times. Jesus was born amid upheaval and historical change and among people who seemed powerless. But when the world feels hopeless, Advent reminds us God is with us.
- In chaos, God is with us.
- In suffering, God is with us.
- In uncertainty, God is with us.
- In whatever our family endures, God is with us.
This Advent resource invites your family to explore the ways in which Emmanuel, God-with-us, brings hope, peace, joy, and love to your home and community, especially during hard times. Use this Advent guide to center your thoughts on the ever-present hope that sees us through change and challenge. Each week you will explore how the good news of God-with-us changes our perspective and gives us courage for each day. We rejoice in Jesus’ birth because God is with us!
What You Will Receive
- Five Family Devotions: Weekly family devotions include a suggested scripture to read, a short reflection, discussion questions, an activity, and a prayer.
- Coloring Pages: Each week's devotion comes with an accompanying coloring page.
- Advent Calendar: Our Advent Calendar starts on December 1, and each day brings an opportunity to complete a simple activity as a family. We consider families' busy lives, so the activities are short and meaningful without distracting from the real purpose—family time. We include a full-color version you can print out and a black and white version that families can color together as they complete daily activities.
How You Can Use It
Churches often purchase this and send it home with parents to use during Advent. An Illustrated Advent for Families also makes a great addition to the Advent boxes you might be putting together to send home to families. One could also adapt it to use for a Sunday School program.
After completing your purchase, you'll instantly receive a link to download the PDF. You will find everything you need in the PDF, and then you can share it with the families in your church and community. Please refer to the information included in the PDF on best practices for sharing our products with your community.
Below is a list of the themes for each of the five weekly devotionals:
Week 1: We have hope because God is with us.
Scripture: Matthew 1:1–17
Week 2: We have peace because God is with us.
Scripture: Matthew 1:18–25
Week 3: We have joy because God is with us.
Scripture: Luke 1:39–48
Week 4: We have love because God is with us.
Scripture: Luke 1:57–80
Scripture: Luke 2:20–20