Seven Last Words Coloring Posters
These posters are available as a physical product and a digital product that you print yourself. The printed product is available to US and Canada customers only. Please be sure to make the correct selection when you purchase.
Click here to download an informational PDF handout all about our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters.
We illustrated the seven last words of Jesus (also known as the sayings of Jesus on the cross) in a way that is meaningful for all ages and visually-appropriate for even very young children to reflect on the last moments of Jesus’ life. Participants will encounter how the themes that come from the cross can profoundly impact their daily lives in EIGHT hand-drawn illustrations (seven posters featuring the Seven Last Words plus a "Christ is Risen" poster for Resurrection Sunday).
Whether you're looking for an intergenerational program, a communal art activity or something different to do for Lent, our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters provide a creative, engaging, and participatory way of engaging with faith.
Important Poster Details & Ordering Information:
Our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters include seven 2'x3' coloring posters and an eighth 6'x2' poster that focuses on resurrection and Easter. The 2'x3' posters include an illustration with the seven last words in a black frame around the illustration (see sample images).
- Physical Posters: These posters are printed on thick, 32-pound paper that works beautifully with many different mediums – from crayons to colored pencils to markers. While getting the digital files and printing them yourself is a great option if you don't live in the US or Canada, the quality will not be the same as that of the posters we ship. Physical posters are available only to US and Canadian mailing addresses.
- Digital Files: At the time of purchase you will receive a link to download the illustrations in a zip file. Depending on where you live, you may not have the exact size, but you can resize the files as needed. Detailed instructions will come with the download as to how we suggest getting the posters printed. "Engineering prints" instead of "posters" is the most inexpensive option available. You can learn more about engineering prints here. There is also a color digital option available.
- Digital Add-On: When you add both the Physical Posters and the Digital Files to your cart and use the discount code SEVEN-WORDS-BUNDLE at checkout, you'll save 50% off the cost of the B&W Digital Files.
- If you want beautiful pieces of art already colored to use during this season, you can also choose to purchase our pre-colored digital files that you can print yourself.
If you are curious about how others have used our large format posters and would like to see inspirational photos, check out this helpful blog post.
What themes are represented in the posters?We focused on one specific word from each of the seven sayings. That word then informed our illustrations and the content for the devotional guide.
- Poster One: KNOW – God, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing. (Luke 23:34)
- Poster Two: TRUTH – Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise. (Luke 23:43)
- Poster Three: HERE – Here is your son. Here is your mother. (John 19:26–27)
- Poster Four: FORSAKEN – My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46)
- Poster Five: THIRSTY – I am thirsty. (John 19:28)
- Poster Six: FINISHED – It is finished. (John 19:30)
- Poster Seven: COMMEND – God, into your hands I commend my spirit. (Luke 23:46)
- Poster Eight: BELIEVE – Luke 24:10-11; just a note - on photos for this poster, you may see that it says, "Christ is Risen, Christ HAS risen indeed." That was an error on our part. The posters will have "Christ is Risen, Christ IS risen indeed" when you purchase them.
Shipping & Handling Costs
- S&H for 48 Contiguous states: $12 (for one set), $18 (for 2-3 sets) and $24 (for 4+ sets)
- S&H for Alaska/Hawaii: $20 (for one set), $26 (for 2-3 sets) and $32 (for 4+ sets)
- S&H for Canada: $25 (for one set), and $35 (for multiple sets)
We ship ALL of our posters via UPS and we prefer to ship to your church/business address. If we will be shipping to a church/business address, please list the church/business name in the second line of your shipping address where it says "Church/Company." This enables us to have the best information to send to UPS.
If UPS doesn't deliver to your church, or you'd prefer your home address used, leave the Church/Company text field blank. Please note: UPS cannot ship to PO Boxes. Listing a PO Box as your shipping address will cause delays to your delivery because we will have to contact you to determine a different shipping address. If you're ordering from Canada, you must provide a phone number.
Why pay the extra for the physical posters?
Part of the reason our posters are loved by so many is the quality of the posters themselves. We’ve gone through a few different types of paper with our coloring posters, and we are thrilled with the paper we’re currently using. The 32-pound paper we currently use works great with colored pencils, crayons, and markers.
When you buy the physical posters from us, you will receive the illustrations on an amazingly high-quality paper.
We currently only ship to the United States and Canada. Since we have a large community of international customers, we also provide our poster illustrations as downloadable digital files. We know that for some folks, getting the digital files can be more convenient (and for some, it’s the only option). We are happy to provide that resource.
However, the quality of paper you will get at other print shops (or stores like Staples/FedEx) is not nearly as nice as the quality that we provide when we ship the posters to you.
Don’t get us wrong – it’s certainly not bad (we shipped our very first two sets of coloring posters after having them printed at Staples). But the high-quality paper is stronger and provides better color quality.
You may also be interested in:
- Seven Last Words Coloring Pages: Our 8.5×11 coloring pages include both the poster illustrations, as well as a simplified design for our youngest coloring friends.
- Seven Last Words Devotional Guide: While you could go through this devotional guide without purchasing the coloring posters or pages, this guide is meant to accompany the coloring posters and coloring pages.
- Christ is Risen Coloring Page & Poster: Our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters include seven posters from the seven last words, as well as an eighth poster that focuses on the resurrection and can be used for Easter. You can purchase a digital version of this poster individually.