Seven Last Words Coloring Posters
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
To learn more about these posters, click here to download our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters Infoguide.
We illustrated the seven last words of Jesus (also known as the sayings of Jesus on the cross) in a way that is meaningful for all ages and visually appropriate for even very young children to reflect on the last moments of Jesus’ life. Participants will encounter how the themes that come from the cross can profoundly impact their daily lives in EIGHT hand-drawn illustrations (seven posters featuring the Seven Last Words plus a "Christ is Risen" poster for Resurrection Sunday).
Whether you're looking for an intergenerational program, a communal art activity or something different to do for Lent, our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters provide a creative, engaging, and participatory way of engaging with faith.
- Seven posters are 24"x36" and one poster is 72"x24".
- Your download will include the digital files and printing instructions.
Your purchase includes both Adobe Illustrator (AI files) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF files) versions of the posters. After your purchase, you will immediately receive a download link to get your zip file. Detailed instructions will come with the download as to how we suggest getting the posters printed. If you have the files printed somewhere like Staples, we recommend having them printed as engineering prints (and specifically asking for "engineering prints" and not "posters"), as that is the most inexpensive option available. You can learn more about engineering prints here.
Ideas for Using Our Coloring Posters
If you're wondering how to use these coloring posters, you can get some great ideas from these blog posts.
- Ways to Use Our Large Coloring Posters: Ten Creative Ideas
- How Churches Use Our Advent Coloring Posters
Additional Poster Details
What themes are represented in the posters?
We focused on one specific word from each of the seven sayings. That word then informed our illustrations and the content for the devotional guide.
- Poster One: KNOW – God, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing. (Luke 23:34)
- Poster Two: TRUTH – Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise. (Luke 23:43)
- Poster Three: HERE – Here is your son. Here is your mother. (John 19:26–27)
- Poster Four: FORSAKEN – My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? (Matthew 27:46)
- Poster Five: THIRSTY – I am thirsty. (John 19:28)
- Poster Six: FINISHED – It is finished. (John 19:30)
- Poster Seven: COMMEND – God, into your hands I commend my spirit. (Luke 23:46)
- Poster Eight: BELIEVE – Luke 24:10-11; just a note - on photos for this poster, you may see that it says, "Christ is Risen, Christ HAS risen indeed." That was an error on our part. The posters will have "Christ is Risen, Christ IS risen indeed" when you purchase them.
More Seven Last Words Resources
- Seven Last Words Coloring Pages: Our 8.5×11 coloring pages include both the poster illustrations, as well as a simplified design for those who prefer less detail.
- Seven Last Words Devotional Guide: While you could go through this devotional guide without purchasing the coloring posters or pages, this guide is meant to accompany the coloring posters and coloring pages.
- Christ is Risen Coloring Page & Poster: This is the eighth poster in our Seven Last Words Coloring Posters set; it focuses on the resurrection and can be used for Easter and can be purchased individually.