Stations of the Cross Coloring Posters
These posters are available as a physical product, a digital product that you print yourself, or both. Please be sure to make the correct selection when you purchase.
To learn more about these coloring posters, click here to download our Stations of the Cross Coloring Posters Infoguide.
Invite your community on a journey following the footsteps of Christ with our Stations of the Cross Coloring Posters. The eight coloring posters will immerse your community in the biblical account of the last days and hours of Jesus' life.
Whether you're looking for an intergenerational program, a communal art activity or something unique for your community to do together, our Stations of the Cross Coloring Posters provide a creative, engaging, and participatory way for people to connect with faith.
If you're looking to add additional activities or programs to the coloring posters, consider purchasing our Stations of the Cross Devotional Guide. You can learn more here.
Poster Details & Ordering Information
You have a few options when ordering your coloring posters:
- Physical Posters: These posters are printed on thick, 32-pound paper that works beautifully with many different mediums – from crayons to colored pencils to markers. Each of the eight posters is 36" x 24". Physical poster sets ship to the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Digital Files: We have both B&W and color digital files available for purchase. Upon completion of your purchase, you will receive a link to download the illustrations in a zip file. International paper sizes can differ, but you can easily resize the files as needed. Detailed instructions for getting the posters printed are included with the download. Many print and copy centers can print "engineering" prints, or blueprints - this is the least expensive option generally available.
If you are curious about how others have used our large format posters and would like to see inspirational photos, check out this helpful blog post.
The Scriptural Form of the Stations of the Cross
Given that the Illustrated Ministry community comes from over 60 different denominations, some of whom may not be familiar with the Stations of the Cross, we decided to go with the scriptural form of the Stations of the Cross, which Pope John Paul II introduced on Good Friday 1991.
The stations are listed below, along with their accompanying scriptural reference. You'll notice that we are also including a 15th Station which celebrates the resurrection of Jesus.
- Station 1: Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane (Matthew 26:36-41)
- Station 2: Jesus, Betrayed by Judas, is Arrested (Mark 14:43-46)
- Station 3: Jesus is Condemned by the Sanhedrin (Luke 22:66-71)
- Station 4: Jesus is Denied by Peter (Matthew 26:69-75)
- Station 5: Jesus is Judged by Pilate (Mark 15:1-5, 15)
- Station 6: Jesus is Scourged and Crowned with Thorns (John 19:1-3)
- Station 7: Jesus Bears the Cross (John 19:6, 15-17)
- Station 8: Jesus is Helped by Simon the Cyrenian to Carry the Cross (Mark 15:21)
- Station 9: Jesus Meets the Women of Jerusalem (Luke 23:27-31)
- Station 10: Jesus is Crucified (Luke 23:33-34)
- Station 11: Jesus Promises His Kingdom to the Good Thief (Luke 23:39-43)
- Station 12: Jesus Speaks to His Mother and the Disciples (John 19:25-27)
- Station 13: Jesus Dies on the Cross (Luke 23:44-46)
- Station 14: Jesus is Placed in the Tomb (Matthew 27:57-60)
- Station 15: The Resurrection of Jesus (Mark 16:1-6)
If you do a google search for "Stations of the Cross Coloring Pages" - we think you'll see why we felt there was a need for a re-envisioning of the stations in a way that could be accessible to children (and "children at heart"). Each poster takes an aspect from the accompanying scripture and focuses on that specific piece of the narrative. So whether it's a tear from Jesus' eye (Station 1), a close-up of Judas giving Jesus a kiss (Station 2) or Peter's arms crossed as he denies knowing Jesus (Station 4), the illustrations will draw you into the story in a way that some of the kitschy cartoons of the past aren't able to.
Shipping & Handling Costs
- Upon receiving your order, we will begin processing your order and your posters should ship within 3-4 days. Please note: UPS can't ship to PO Boxes. Please make sure your shipping address is a physical address for UPS. Using a PO Box address will cause a delay in your shipment.
- Shipping Costs: Shipping rates are calculated for your order based on live rates provided by UPS and USPS. You can select your preferred shipping service during the checkout process.
You may also be interested in:
- Stations of the Cross Coloring Pages: Our 8.5×11 coloring pages include both the poster illustrations, as well as a simplified design for our youngest coloring friends or those who prefer less detail to color
- Stations of the Cross Devotional Guide: While you could go through this devotional guide without purchasing the coloring posters or pages, this guide is meant to accompany the coloring >posters and coloring pages.
- Christ is Risen Coloring Page & Poster: This poster focuses on the resurrection and can be used for Easter. You can purchase a digital version of this poster individually.