Mini Revolutions Curriculum: March 2023
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
If you would like to sign up for the Mini Revolutions Monthly Subscription, please click here.
If you'd like to receive a sample of Mini Revolutions, you can download one here.
Mini Revolutions is an intergenerational, monthly, digital curriculum based on the Revised Common Lectionary. Churches and families will practice the rhythms and experience the seasons of the church year through the revolutions of the liturgical calendar.
With the ever-changing model of Sunday School, Illustrated Ministry strives to support churches no matter their size, attendance, and format. This mini curriculum leader’s guide is two pages (one-page front and back, if printed double-sided), can be used in various ministry settings, and can be easily shared with and prepared by volunteers—even on short notice. Each week, we select one scripture from the weekly liturgical readings from the Revised Common Lectionary and provide discussion questions to help your group enter into the story. The activity, micropractice, and prayer help each person embrace their mini revolutions each week.
You can use Mini Revolutions as your traditional Sunday School curriculum, in a one-room Sunday School model with mixed ages, or in an intergenerational setting. You could also take the content and adapt it for youth ministry and other ministry programs and settings.
Mini Revolutions can be implemented as a completely virtual, hybrid, or in-person experience—endless options are available to suit your needs. Lead as much or as little of the content as you like. Each section of Mini Revolutions is simple and requires just a little prep to have a meaningful experience with your group.
The following scriptures are included in this resource:
- March 5: Psalm 121
- March 12: John 4:5–42
- March 19: Psalm 23
- March 26: John 11:1–45
What comes with Mini Revolutions?
Mini Revolutions provides monthly intergenerational devotions and lessons for all ages; each of the sessions includes:
- Scripture: One selected scripture from the Revised Common Lectionary that the rest of the components are based on.
- Questions: Imagining and wondering questions that are open-ended and connect more deeply with the scripture.
- Look It Up: We highlight a moment in history, an interesting fact, or a person who made an impact that connects with the scripture’s theme. This activity allows participants to explore and connect with the world around them and see how scripture can be lived out.
- Activity: We provide a fun mix of activities that help participants think creatively about the scripture through building and design, earth care, social justice, self-care and compassion, social/emotional learning, science, technology, and art.
- Micropractice: A simple practice/ritual anchored in daily activities to help form healthy, spiritual, and mindful habits. For each micropractice, we will also include a shareable graphic that you can use in your church’s newsletter, on your website, or to share with your community on social media. There will be a link to the graphic in each week's lesson.
- Coloring Page: It includes an illustration of a short phrase from the selected scripture that invites reflection on the scripture. Use the coloring page and discussion questions together for an even deeper connection with the scripture and each other.
- Bible Story Booklet: A child-friendly paraphrase of the scripture, accessible for all ages, with colorable illustrations that help tell the story.
- Mini Revolutions Media Kit: The Media Kit includes variations of the Mini Revolutions logo, as well as some promotional images you can use in newsletters, social media, and your website.
Do I purchase each month or get a subscription?
You can purchase Mini Revolutions on a month-by-month basis. We will release the content for each month ONE month in advance of when you'll be needing it. This is purchased like any other digital product in our store and the price is $24.99. If you want to enjoy some savings, you can sign up for a monthly subscription for only $19.99/month. To purchase a subscription, go here.
What You'll Receive
When you make your purchase, you will receive a link to a PDF file. You can download the file up to 6 times before the download link will expire and no longer work.