Compassion Camp: Changing the World with Lovingkindness Family Edition
Note: This is a digital product. No physical product will be shipped to you.
Compassion Camp: Changing the World with Lovingkindness is where kids and families explore what it means to have compassion for others, ourselves, and the world. While developed for preschool-aged children and K–5th graders, Compassion Camp is highly flexible, adaptable, and fun for the entire family—older siblings included.
Compassion Camp is designed for you to have the freedom to use it in whatever way you see fit! You can lead it at your own pace. Whether you're just looking for some fun crafts and activities to do as a family, or you're interested in some fun, original music, or just want some family yoga time...this is a great way for families to spend some meaningful time together.
Compassion Camp Themes:
- All Around Me: Exodus 2:1–10
- For Myself: 1 Kings 19:4–8
- To the Neighbor: Luke 10:25–37
- With the World: Acts 2:1–13, 42–47
- Along the Way: Romans 16:1–16
What comes with this personal use version of Compassion Camp?
Five sessions that include the following:
- Gathering & Music: Introduces the theme and is an ideal time to sing the original music written for each theme.
- Bible Story: A child-friendly paraphrase of the Bible story, accessible for all ages with imagining and wondering questions to connect more deeply with the story. We also include a coloring page that ties closely with each Bible story and a Bible story booklet for preschoolers.
- Create & Play: A fun mix of crafts and activities throughout all five sessions to practice our compassion skills and have fun together.
- Movement: Physical engagement to connect our minds, bodies, & spirits with God. We will focus on our breathing alongside some basic yoga poses connecting the main themes of Compassion Camp with our lives.
- Lovingkindness Practice: This practice will help participants develop the skills and mindset necessary to practice compassion. You can use this in conjunction with the Movement component or by itself.
- Compassion in Action: Activities that help participants think creatively about sharing their compassion and love. These simple, small, tangible acts help us express God's deep compassion for each other, ourselves, and the world.
- Sending & Music: Wraps up the theme and is another excellent spot to sing the original music written for each theme.
- Illustrated Prayer Coloring Page and Lovingkindness Practice Cards: Use these to reflect on the prayers and talk about the day's experiences and lessons to help deepen our compassion.
Original Music: We have created six original songs for Compassion Camp. The songs are short, simple, very singable, and QUITE catchy! You can listen to the music here. You will receive basic chord sheets, sheet music, and a link to listen to the music on Soundcloud.
Appendix: Designed to help you further your journey and exploration of compassion, we included a list of additional books, resources, and links we found while creating Compassion Camp. We also include resources that older youth will connect with.
What You'll Receive
When you make your purchase, you will be taken to a page to download your product, and you'll also receive an email with a link to download your personal-use edition of Compassion Camp. You will download a single PDF that includes all you need for Compassion Camp.